sesame crusted tuna

as y'all know my hubby and I go fishing whenever we can... the sea was bountiful on Sunday, we caught several blackfin tuna and 1 skipjack tuna. I am the one that cleans the fish, as my hubby would rather wash the boat. It's a messy job, but the reward is great!
first, I dipped the fillets in a mixture of beaten egg and ponzu sauce. Then rolled it in another mixture of panko bread crumbs, sesame seeds, and salt and pepper...
I cooked them quickly in a cast iron skillet with 3tbs of oil... maybe 3-4 min per side


They developed this yummy crust and the sesame seeds got all toasty.....



I served them with extra ponzu sauce for dipping. Now, you could do this same procedure with chicken- just cook it thoroughly!





....I wish I could share with you in person! It is so yummy!




Comments

Michelle said…
Have everything to make this recipe as well! Even the ponzu! Now if only I can get my hubby to eat fish anyway but well done!
Unknown said…
Since you clean your own fish I have a request. Could you write a blog post on the proper way to clean and filet a fish? We love to fish but hubby doesn't clean them and I don't know how. So we end up throwing our catch back unless we are at some major fishing lake that has places to clean the fish for you (like Lake Erie). Great, now I'm hungry for seafood!
mamakeith said…
I learned by watching other people... but that is a great idea for a post! Next time I clean I will document it!

Popular Posts