salted butterscotch nut bars

I got this recipe from a little Betty Crocker cookbooklet. It's a keeper. salty, sweet, sticky, gooey......
one stick of butter, 1 1/2 c flour, 3/4 cup light brown sugar, and 1/4tsp salt mix all that gently until it looks like this


...I used a pastry blender

now, press it into a 9x13" pan and bake (just like this) at 350 for 15min



take 2 cups of salted nuts, any type will do. (I bet cashews would be heavenly!)




1 cup of butterscotch chips... although I am thinking this recipe will be reinvented with other types of chips ( white chocolate-macadamia?)





over low heat, melt them with 1/2 c corn syrup. * I added vanilla too at this point)






also add 2 tbs butter...








spread the nuts on your baked crust...







spread the melted chips over them...and bake for 5 min. Now here's the catcher: the recipe said cut while warm, I tried and the topping was too soft. So, I waited until they were cool and they were very hard to cut. (between the nuts and the crust...) so... next time I will try and cut while lukewarm. It is worth the hassle though! Enjoy!










Hot out of the oven...









...worth the trouble of cutting.











mmmm!












Comments

Oh.My.God. Those look so good...why oh why do you torture me?
Michelle said…
OMG...those look so gooey and delicious!
Coleens Recipes said…
Absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! What a great photo!!
Brandi Bond said…
YUUMMM!!!!

Popular Posts