roast chicken with herb-cream wine sauce

Roasted chicken....and now the herb cream sauce...
I chopped up the basil, rosemary an a green onion and added it to 3tbs butter, add 3tbs flour to make a roux



add in 1/2 c dry white wine, 1/2 c chicken broth fresh ground pepper, salt and appx 1 1/2 to 2c whole milk...bring to a boil over med-hi heat... it will thicken up nicely





here's my roast chicken, I always soak it in a brine before roasting.. this time it was a wine-broth-garlic brine for 6 hrs before roasting... and y'all know I LOVE using kitchen twine!





ok... hubby was hungry so I couldn't dawdle too much in the pics... and I forgot the greenery. But, I'm only human.. keeping it real! (sometimes the hubby just wants to eat!)





Comments

Unknown said…
I'm doing this the next time I make a roast chicken. I usually use herbed butter medallions placed between the meat and skin (rosemary, sage, thyme, garlic, etc.) and baste with a beer broth often during roasting. I've been wanting to change it up and this looks like the perfect recipe to try. Thanks!
Jennelle said…
Oh this looks amazing, is that plain pasta you served it with?
A tri color rotini. Mmmmm!

Popular Posts