soul food sunday dinner...

So I got confused about ribs this weekend. There are spare ribs, baby back ribs, country ribs, short ribs, and ribs. What's that about!? Ok, I know I could probably find out from the Publix meat man... but I decided to ask on A.R.(all recipes) I had some spare ribs.. and for the life of me I just couldn't remember if these were the type I usually buy. Apparently, they came out just as good as whatever type I "usually" buy... I made a rub with brown sugar, garlic, balsamic vinegar, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, Worcestershire sauce and a couple tbs of BBQ sauce. Then,I baked em in a pan filled 1/4 way up with water and covered tightly with foil for 2 hrs. (half rack) My hubby grilled em up for a few minutes after that. Yum. Super tender. I served them with potato salad that I ended up making with ranch dressing and mustard.. and green onions, egg, and celery.I ran out of mayo and the last thing I wanted to do was go to the store. Ugh. I'm sure y'all can relate! By the way... I have been on a "sauce" kick lately. I found a neat cookbook and I've been playing around. So.... get ready to get saucy real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts