empanada night....

The end of the beginning....
happily sizzling onion,garlic,cumin,cinnamon and salt....

Here's my "ugly" pepper!


nice strips of pepper... super easy to roast myself. I put it under the broiler till it got "ugly" then put it in a bowl and covered with plastic wrap...about 10 min later the skin just peeled away.



Onion n garlic cooking away...




Adding the sliced roasted poblano pepper...mmmm I wish you could have smelled this!





2 shredded chicken breasts, 1/2 can diced tomatoes, 1c chicken broth, some cinnamon, cumin,2 chopped adobe peppers in adobo,1/2onion,2cloves garlic,1roasted poblano pepper and salt n pepper







This is where I cheated... I didn't make the dough...(I have a toddler running around, remember?!)






All dressed up with somewhere to go!








I don't like to "fry" things... I used as little oil as I could.










Awaiting their fate...










All ready to go!











mmm... had to have a bite!











Comments

Anonymous said…
hmmm... are my comments working yet?!
Coleens Recipes said…
I didn't even know you could by ready made empanada dough!!! What a great tip. Your recipe looks delicious.
Unknown said…
Okay, I give up...your concoctions put mine to shame! I'm moving to Florida. Expect me by dinnertime tomorrow!
Trish said…
Very interesting and delicious. I can tell by the ingredients this tasted wonderful! Empanada dough? I also have never heard of it!

Popular Posts